SUBMISSIONS CLOSED: The Funeral Fakers
And submissions are closed. Congrats to the selected authors. More news and opportunities coming soon.
Good news! The Funeral Fakers is officially open for submissions!
This series will launch from November 1 to December 31 and has 5 available spots for authors. Please review the submission guidelines below, and our author terms linked here.
If you're interested in submitting to this series, visit www.SweetPromisePress.com/Submissions
• Series Lead: SE Babin
• 50-65,000 words in length
• Location is North Carolina, specifically within Asheville region (Smoky Mountain area)
• Out of work actresses are employed by a Personal Mourning firm within the area to act as bereaved friends/relatives/
• Romantic subthreads are allowed provided they do not overshadow the mystery
• Each book will have a mystery connected to the deceased or their family/friends/
• The tone of these books will be relatively lighthearted and funny, and all murders will take place off the page, though it’s perfectly acceptable for the character to stumble over the body