SUBMISSIONS CLOSED: The Pioneer Brides of Rattlesnake Ridge
And submissions are closed. Congrats to the selected authors. More news and opportunities coming soon.
Good news! The Pioneer Brides of Rattlesnake Ridge is officially open for submissions!
This series will launch from May 1 to June 30, 2019 and has 5 available spots for authors. Please review the submission guidelines below, and our author terms linked here.
If you're interested in submitting to this series, visit www.SweetPromisePress.com/Submissions
• 45-55,000 words in length
• Set in a newly-established, prosperous silver mining town in Nevada around 1870, based loosely on Pioche, Virginia City, Carson City.
• Focus on the lives of the women who come to the town for various reasons—some seeking their own fortune, some looking for a fresh start, some looking for love…or running from it.
• Possible character ideas include mail-order brides, teachers, saloon owners with a heart of gold (thinking Miss Kitty from Gunsmoke), ranch owners’ daughters, etc. Love interests can either be established residents of the town or newcomers seeking their own fortunes.
• Strong romantic storyline with heat level limited to a few kisses; focus on emotional connection.
• Story should take place in or around fictional town of Rattle Snake Ridge.
• Story should include or at least end with a marriage to fit with the “bride” part of the series title.